* 709,000 Regular (active duty) service personnel.
* 293,000 reserve troops.
* 8 standing Army divisions.
* 20 Air Force and Navy air wings with 2,000 combat aircraft.
* 232 Strategic bombers.
* 13 Strategic ballistic missile submarines with 3,114 nuclear warheads on 232 missiles.
* 500 ICBMs with 1,950 warheads.
* 4 aircraft carriers.
* All the support bases, shipyards and logistical assets needed to sustain such a force.
Is this country: Russia? . . . No
Red China? . . . Nope
Great Britain? . . . Wrong again
France? . . . You must be joking
Pakistan or India? . . . Not even when combined.
The USA? . . . Hardly.
Well, don't feel too bad if you are unable to identify this global superpower because this country no longer exists. It has vanished. These are the American military forces that have disappeared since the 1992 election of Bill Clinton and Al Gore.
Sleep well, America.